Monday, April 13, 2009

Still alive

I haven’t been blogging lately because I’ve had a very busy week but I promised that I wouldn’t let this blog die!

Things have been going rather swimmingly lately, although I do feel as busy as I have always been. Circle K-wise, I’m still reviewing the past year, filling out OSKI awards, thinking about all the projects and all the things we’ve accomplished in the past year. Stepping back from board hasn’t been bad at all. I guess now I appreciate why we have banquet meetings. In many ways, it’s the past board’s last gift to the club as well as a gift from the club to the past board – a last chance for us to work together, shine, and slowly step away.

In Nerdy News, I finally received my new laptop yesterday! No wobbly leg this time and as far as I can tell, there aren’t any problems. Before ordering my system I had a lot of concerns about using 64-bit Vista. I’ve heard some bad things about Vista (actually…mostly bad things) so far, it just seems like a sexier-looking, more anal version of XP. It’s not really user-friendly at all and I’m disappointed that it’s not more customizable. But after getting rid of many of the “new and improved” functions such as search indexing and UAC which constantly asks for my approval before I do anything, it’s working out well.

I’ve been resetting my priorities lately. I just want to enjoy my last days as an undergraduate. School can wait at the back of the line (along with laundry and ASUC elections).

n632948453_2366694_8201585

3 comments: